Copper Count
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Copper Count  
What's a good guideline for copper count or disp. count in SM?

I decided to make a 9 pole siege map and its already 15000C, even without decoration, I might scrap this map and make a new 5 pole map.

But it makes me wonder how high copper count can go without the map being laggy? I know in TMUF, a 10000C map would be laggy, but it doesn't seem to be a case in SM (and possibly TM2). Also apparently a high number of certain blocks can make a map laggy despite of the copper count, this could be shadows though.

To sum up this question, how high a copper count you can go without worrying about lag? I ask this because its very easy to go over 10000C, especially building big maps.
FPS Learner

as you said yourself, coppers count doesn't matter that much... just don't make too many blocks at one place. and of course the mood selected has its influence on game performance too.
Toy Gun Shooter

I'm currently working on a 35.000 coppers royal map in evening mood. It turned more and more unplayable to me. Eventhough I'm getting about 80fps in online play, it get's down to less than 30 while working and testing this map.

From my experience you shouldn't go further then 20.000 as there are many players out there having worse computers and playing with low settings.
Last edited by rava,
FPS Learner

That's a general problem for SM. That rather inferior graphic engine of TM could be circumvented by lowering the settings, switching opponents off etc... In SM, that sort of avoiding strategy won't work anymore. You can't switch off spawns or players, you need to see all of them ..

So when you want to build sophisticated maps for a large amount of players (30+), you have no choice but to exceed the "old CC limits.. everything else is to be done by Nadeo.
FPS Learner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply